Dr. V. S. Krishna Govt. Degree College (A), Visakhapatnam does not discriminate on any legally documented basis, including but not limited to race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, disability, ethnic background, genetic information, sexual orientation/gender identity as defined by law, age as defined by law, or military status, in the administration of its employment policies, educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships and load programs, and other College administeredprograms.
Identification Policy: Students of Dr. V. S. Krishna Govt. Degree College (A), must wear uniform without fail. Students have to carry a valid Identity Card with them at all times when they are oncampus. This card must be presented at once when requested by any official of the college. All students are expected to maintain their I.D. card till they complete their graduation If an I.D. card is lost or stolen, it should be reported immediately to class counsellor. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action under the Student Code of Conduct.
Timing Policy:As per the guidelines of UGC the college has framed the timings as 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM. Every period is of 50 Minutes and the lunch break is of one hour daily in between 1:30 PM to2:20 PM. Attendance of all students, teaching & non- teaching staff members and Principal is generated by Iris and Finger Print Attendance Recorder Machine (Biometric). There are three Biometric Attendance Recorder machines, which record the attendance of the students and staff. All staff members and students are requiredto mark their attendance both in the morning when they enter into the college and evening when they leave the college premises. Every hour Class room attendance is taken by concerned lecturer by using Integrated Attendance Management System (IAMS) app designed by Government of Andhra Pradesh. Staff should be available in the college premises during the working hours of college.
Disciplinary policy:The disciplinary policy at college recognizes the relationship that students have with their individual teachers. Every effort is made by the teacher and student to work together to resolve any problem. There is no discrimination among staff and students in aspects of caste, creed, race and religion. Students use washrooms properly and maintain them clean and neat. Students are advised to use napkin incinerator instead of dustbins. Maintaining plastic free zone in the college campus. Teaching / Non-teaching Staff are advised not to attend to any calls while in the Class Rooms / Laboratories /Library No Employee is authorized to put up any information (whether Written / Poster / Sign, etc.) on the College Notice Board, Walls, Doors, without the prior approval of the Head of the institution.
Holidays Policy: The college follows the rules as per the holiday list announced by the Government of Andhra Pradesh and Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Infrastructure Development Policy:The infrastructure development committee will monitor the required infrastructure facilities in various class rooms.
Administration policy:All written communication within the Institution will be in both Telugu and English language. All employees shall orally communicate either with each other or with students in English or Telugu language or the language understood by them. All internal communication shall be printed or written in English and Telugu. All E-mail, Internet, Fax or other electronic transmissions shall be carried out in the English language. All staff members of Dr. V. S. Krishna Govt. Degree College (A) are in What’s App group. Any information concerned to the college can be communicated through this group. Admin of the group is Principal only. All students have respective WhatsApp group with class counsellors as their admin. Any information concerned to the students can be communicated through this group only. Every department has one separate what’s App group. Any information concerned to the department can be communicated through this group. Admin of the group is head of the department only. The Employee shall at all times maintain strict confidentiality and secrecy in respect of all the Confidential Information that he/she may acquire or possess in any manner during the course of his/her employment with Dr. V. S. Krishna Govt. Degree College (A), and he/she shall not either directly or indirectly use, reveal, copy, duplicate, reproduce, record, distribute, disclose, take photograph in premises of institute or allow to be divulged or disclosed such Confidential Information in whole or in part belonging to institute in any form viz. verbal, written, digital, print, electronic, physical etc. to any third party save and except for the purpose of his/her employment with Dr. V. S. Krishna Govt. Degree College (A), by and under the instructions and after seeking written approval from authorized person of institute.
Leaves Policy: The employees are entitled for the following types of leave:
Special Casual Leave
Leave on Loss of Pay
Child care Leave
Half Pay Leave
Compensatory Casual Leave
On Duty Leave
Extra (5) casual leaves for women. The Leave Year shall be January –December.
Leave will be strictly monitored and will be granted only if needed.
Staff members who are unable to report to work due to exceptional / unforeseen circumstances must send a leave message or inform to the Principal before 10:00am otherwise such absence will be treated as unauthorized.
Commitment Policy:The students and staff are committed to get 100% pass in their respective subjects and departments. Making sure that each student passing out of the institution leaves the campus with a job in his/her hands.
Research Policy:The research policy of the college aims at creating and supporting a research culture among its teachers, staff and students and leverage it for enriching and enhancing the professional competence of the faculty members; for developing and promoting scientific atmosphere and research aptitudes of all learners; for realizing the vision and mission of the college and for contributing to national development by establishing an institutional fund and plan for facilitating their participation in research and related activities and by providing the required resources and appropriate facilities. It also aims at ensuring that the research activities of the college complying to all applicable rules and regulation as well as with the established standards and norms relating to safe and ethical conduct of research. The Research Cell of the college shall be responsible for implementing this research policy of the college by working closely with the UGC.
The specific roles and functions of the research cell will be as follows:
1. Facilitate the faculty in undertaking research and will work with the college management to set up a research fund for providing seed money
2. Provide research facilities in terms of laboratory equipment, research journals and research incentives etc. required by the faculty.
3. Encourage and promote a research culture (eg. teaching work load remission, opportunities for attending conferences etc.).
4. Encourage the faculty to undertake research by collaborating with other research organizations/industry.
5. Create suitable procedures for giving due recognition for guiding research.
6. Facilitate the establishment of specific research units/ centres by funding agencies /university.
7. Organize workshops/ training programmers/ sensitization programmes are conducted by the institution to promote a research culture on campus.
8. Prepare budgets for supporting students’ research projects.
9. Invite industry to use the research facilities of the college and sponsor research projects.
10. Approach National and international organizations such as UGC, ICSSR, ICHR, ICPR, DST, DBT, UNESCO, UNICEF to fund major and minor research projects undertaken by the faculty /students.
11. Make efforts to improve the availability of research infrastructure requirements to facilitate research.
12. Develop and implement an official Code of Ethics to check malpractices and plagiarism in research.
13. Facilitate Interdepartmental / interdisciplinary research projects.
14. Institute research awards.
15. Create incentives for the faculty who receive state, national and international recognition for research contributions as well as research awards and recognition from reputed professional bodies and agencies.
16. Encourage and promote the publication of research articles by the faculty in reputed/ refereed journals.
17. Create and maintain a database of research work and research projects undertaken by the faculty and students as well as collect data by metrics such as Citation Index, Impact Factor, h-index, SNIP, SJR, etc.
18. Publicize the research expertise and consultancy capabilities available in the college.
19. Facilitate the provision consultancy services to industries/ Government/ Non-Government organizations/ community/ public.
20. Prepare Rules & Guidelines for Grant of Research related leave and other remissions
21. Prepare Guidelines for design and evaluation of curriculum oriented research projects
22. Prepare a college research agenda with relative priorities. Prepare student projects (JIGNASA) every year thus by inculcating research into the minds of students.
Environment Policy:Protection of health, safety and the prevention of pollution to the environment are primary goals of the college. The college will strive to develop and provide products and services that have no undue environmental impact and are safe in their intended use, efficient in their consumption of energy and natural resources and can be recycled, reused or disposed of safely.
Mobile phone policy:The purpose of this policy is to establish clear cut guidelines regarding the usage of mobile phones inside the campus. This policy is applicable to all those who enter the campus. Realizing the importance of communication and the possible impact of mobile phone usage inside the campus, the following guidelines are arrived at. a) Students are not permitted to use mobile phones within the classrooms. b) The mobile phones shall be kept in silent mode / off c) All the staff members are empowered to confiscate mobile phones found with students violating the above rules. d) Students violating the above rules will beware. e) Staff members are allowed to use mobile phones in their respective departments. f) Staff members are allowed to use mobile phone in the classroom for the purpose of taking online attendance(IAMS) only.
Formation of Committees Policy:This policy is framed by Head of the institution depending on the capability of the individual.
Grievances & Redressal Policy:The purpose of the Grievance Policy is to provide equitable and orderly processes to resolve grievances by staff and students. Any grievance in the college is dealt very seriously and addressed at the earliest.