The Nodal JKC has been relentlessly working for inculcation and honing skills of the UG students to turn them into quality human resources under the able leadership of CCE, Government of Andhra Pradesh. The nodal Jawahar Knowledge Centre at Dr. V.S. Krishna Autonomous Govt. Degree & PG College is a centre which monitors all the JKCs in the Visakhapatnam district.
It is a platform on which the students are trained in quantitative and qualitative aptitude, communication skills and soft skills. After duly trained the students are given ample opportunities by inviting various reputed companies like TCS, Infosys, Pennant, ICICI, HDFC and other pharmaceutical companies like Divis, Aurobindo and Pfizer through conducting Job drives on the campus.
This year 2021-22, NJKC has conducted various activities to orient the JKC coordinators across the district and also to empower the students with life skills.
1) It has introduced “JKC TALKS” a complete skilling programme apart from the regular JKC curriculum, which includes the prominent 21st century skill set like Presentation skills, Interview skills, Time Management and Group discussions and so on for making students aspirants to be job ready.
2) As an initiative, NJKC in collaboration with TCS, registered 229 students for a “TCS-Youth Employment Programme” a 100 hour online training programme, which would help to get jobs in TCS and other MNCs.
3) It has conducted a one day review and orientation programme on 9th Dec 2021, to all the coordinators across the district to make them understand the objectives clearly to facilitate the to students perform better at their respective colleges.
4) The NJKC has conducted a Mega Job Fair on 30th Dec2021, by inviting around 15 companies to the campus. A total of 680 aspirants have participated across the three north coastal districts and 224 members got shortlisted.
5) It has conducted a campus drive with ETOR Company on 1st Feb, 2022. A total of 80 students have participated and 20 got selected.
6) The NJKC has conducted an ICICI online job drive on 2nd Feb 2022.
7) It has also conducted a campus drive with a reputed Pennant software technology on 7th march 2022. A total of 90 students have attended and 24 students got shortlisted.
8) It has also conducted a campus drive with the Centurion University on 10th March, 2022.
9) Around 61 students for this academic year from our college have got placements in various companies. In the recent months, 3 students got selected for TCS and three others got placed for Yelamanchili Software Company.